Sunday, August 29, 2010

Birthday Gift Gift card slider and Coffee filter flowers

Hi Everyone!

I have two videos for you today, I actually had some time to work on some projects this weekend.

The first video shows a gift card slider I made using some inspiration from Gina- Scrappinology on YouTube. She is a fantastic shopper and very creative lady. She had created a series of pockets from envelopes, so I added the slider part. The gift was for my friend Lisa who is celebrating a birthday tomorrow. Also, celebrating a birthday tomorrow is my childhood friend Elizabeth, and the third birthday on August 30th is my friend Victor Wilhite. I wish you all the very happiest celebration and a fantastic new year. I have always been amazed by the great people in my life, and ironically they all share the same birthday.

The second video is a tutorial to how I made my take on coffee filter flowers. I will list the supplies here:

Cone shaped Coffee filters- The brand I used is Natural Brew. I picked up a set of 300 filters at my local Sam's Club for about $5
Glimmer mist in your color choice
Glossy Accents for your glue
Tim Holtz Alterations die- Tattered Florals
Stylus
Heat Gun
Scissors

It is importan to note that if you wish to color your flowers, spray them with Glimmer Mist and heat set it, before you do the curling of the petals.







I hope you enjoy!

Have a great week!



5 comments:

  1. Hi Laurel. The Pocket slider gift card holder is such a cute idea. I love how it turned out. Thank you so much for the tutorial on the Coffee Filter flowers. I love them. They are beautiful!! I can't wait to try them out. I hope you have a great week. Take care, Jenny :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi There Laurel,
    Kewl rak from garden girl, learned tonight that you like aqua. As I have been I spying and keeping my ears to the ground I've learned that you like chocolate brown into taupe and neutrals...you pretty much like all colors as long as they are pastels.I think you can be described with being taylored yet feminine with bling, glitter and distress inks on the mind. How am I do`in? Add or correct me.
    Let's see...are you willing to be patient if sticker backing doesn't want to come off stickers? Would you like to experiment with 'other' materials? What are you into right now and are you easily distracted with something else? I started making you a Art Tag and the mojo is tangled so I might have to send it separately. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, almost forgot...kewl slider and flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Laurel! I'm also following you on here so happy to do so. I hope you also visit my blog and follow me as well.

    craftyX.blogspot.com

    Cheers,
    Zoe
    Crafty X

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Pocket slider gift card holder is such a cute idea. I love how it turned out. I just can't wait to try them out.

    ReplyDelete