Monday, February 24, 2014

Small Haul and Review Flowers to Flourishes and Blitsy

Hello Friends!
 I am Home at Last!!! Quietly navigating a little jet lag this weekend, but I was anxious to make something!!! I had been away from my supplies for nearly 7 weeks....

 While I was away, I did take advantage of a few sales I had found on two daily deal scrapbooking sites. The first item was from Flowers to Flourishes.com One day they had the Amy Tangerine Calendar stamp. As I recall it was under $5. I like that the dates are in a stack, making them easy to switch out, and that it has a case and a grooved stamp handle that accepts the tiny stamps fairly easily. Total stamp area is 1 1/2 inches by 1 inch. Tiny, but it has some good uses to make birthday cards, document specific days in your journal, or perhaps a desk calendar for holiday gifts. I think it was a great value and design.

 The next few items came from Blitsy.com  Blitsy posts weekly deals and they stick around for several days. You can find a number of craft supplies on the site, not just scrapbooking. The site does require membership, which is free. Here is my referral code:Blitsy.com

 I purchased 2 things this time, all glue products. All from Adhesive Tech. The first is their Fine Line glue, it has a very fine point, and the claim is you can write with it. I have yet to try this out, but will share the results when I do.
 The second item was Adhesive Tech's Gloodle system. This consists of a gun, that utilizes a plunger system, and a 2 oz glue refill that comes with 4 tips. I found the system very easy to set up, and easy to use. The consistency of the craft glue is very creamy, dries clear, and very quickly. The cons: The glue gun is much larger than I thought, and there is no cap provided to place on your tip once the gun is set up.

 Overall, I like the product and the entire purchase was under $12. Refills are less than $5, which is perfect for me. The refill is 2 oz , same size as a Scotch Quick Dry glue. This will work out well for me, as I sometimes have difficulty finding Scotch Quick Dry locally, and it is often priced over $5.

 Here is a video I created discussing all of the products I purchased:





 Thank you for reading and watching!
 Hugs,
 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing! We love seeing what people choose from Blitsy :-)

    ReplyDelete