Tuesday, February 21, 2012

The great box swap......

HI Bloggers!

So the cleanup is still underway. Good progress each day. I hope you are following on YT.

Today I was playing with some new stamps, and decorated an old Cricut box. The idea was hatched to host a box swap, similar to the SSSS Cigar Box swap many of us have seen on YT. Here is what we came up with:

1. This will be a partner swap, and secret. I will draw random partners, following sign ups.
2. Two people will have your address, me, and your partner.
3. My box dimensions are 7 1/2 x 4, but you can use something close in size.
4. Decorate your box in a manner your partner would love.
5. Fill your box with handmade craft, or stash only items. Handmade is preferred.
6. I will take sign ups here, please leave me a comment, AND, send me an e-mail to ldeviney@comcast.net. Please include your snail mail address details, blog address, and your e-mail address. I will pass those details on to your Secret Sister.
7. Please have your box in the mail by March 15, 2012. You will mail to your secret sister. Don't worry if it does not arrive by then, please postmark it by then. Once you mail your box, please e-mail me, that you have done so. This way I can keep track, and if someone has to flake, I can make up the position.
8. International participants welcome. Please note, it is quite likely you will receive a partner who is overseas, and postage is more expensive and takes longer. If this does not work for you, perhaps you can swap with us next time.
9. Most importantly, HAVE FUN!! Make a new friend.
10. Sign ups will be until Friday 2/24/12. I will draw partners on Saturday and send out e-mails.

I hope this sounds fun. I look forward to seeing the opening of the boxes, and perhaps hosting this more often.

Hugs,

25 comments:

  1. I would like to take part Laurel, thank you

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohh this sounds like a fun swap :) count me in too

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to join in the fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Laurel,
    I would love to join your swap! This is Kim from Scrappy Deals btw! Lol watched you on ustream today lurking of course but will chat next time I promise! I will be sending you an email next...woohooo so excited!
    hugz, Kim

    ReplyDelete
  5. okay, enough going back and forth and other things i want to play! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Laurel...Would love to play and join in the box swap, will email info to you...Woo Hoo!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Please add me to the list. thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. alright laurel please add me to this awesome funnage!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would love to be included Laurel thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I want to play! Sent you an email. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope Im not too late, just discovered you tonight from AJ ning. Would love to do box swap. sending email. thanks and blessings. xln

    ReplyDelete
  12. NOTICE* My Secret Sister's package was mailed 03-06-12. I have a confirmation number slip if needed. I suggest everyone mails their package that way if possible....one never knows when the post office gremlins decide to eat our mail....and we wouldn't want any sisters to cry on either end of receiving or sending.
    Much Peace and Love, Dar

    ReplyDelete
  13. SPECIAL NOTICE* I mailed my Secret Sister her package on 03-06-12. I have a confirmation number if needed. P&L, Dar

    ReplyDelete
  14. 3-19-12 Rec'd, S.S. box today. Unfortunately I'm out of town for a few more day and it will remain a mystery. That's all for now.
    P&L, Dar

    ReplyDelete