Thursday, January 24, 2013

Rubber Band Books....

Hi Everyone!

I managed a week's vacation, and I have been doing some Art!!! Yippee!!!!

I went a little crazy and made a bunch of Rubber Band Books , that I learned from Dede, Inkwell on Ustream. It is such a great idea, and easy to do. I used either boxes from Microwave Popcorn, or cat food or a corrugated box flap.

I have made them for a card kit, or to house my vintage Atlantic City Postcard collection, and even to store my bling! You can knock one out in about an hour.....

I was asked to share my measurements for the card file style , and I will preface this by saying this is all dependent on the size of box you choose. My card file books are made from a Whiska's cat food box which measure 5inches tall by 7 inches wide.

For the pocket pages:
I used 12 x 12 scrapbook paper and cut it to 9 3/4 x 12.
On the short side I scored at 4 7/8
I turned the paper to the long side and scored at 5 and at 1
 I folded the paper in half on the short side, folded up the pocket on the 5 inch score and made  a little flap on the one inch score.

I attached brads to close the pockets on the outside edges.

To cover the book:

I used 2 pieces of 12 x 12 scrapbook paper.

I cut them both in half vertically. I then inserted one 6 inch panel in the center of the other two, using a 1 inch lap over on either side. If you use the same pattern, you can match the pattern back so it looks like one continuous piece of paper. I covered my seams with bling mesh or trim. The remaining 6 inch panel, is your liner for the book interior.  I mitered all my corners and I cut out some of the bulk into miters as well on the top and bottom of the spine.
I also tied on a ton of lace, ribbon, and tulle to my spine on the rubber bands. It makes it look really pretty and it is fun.  Below is a video of a few of my books. Thanks so much Dede!! I love this!




Happy Crafting!

Hugs,

1 comment:

  1. I loved how all your books turned out!! Its been great fun watching you on Ustream so much lately and super to see you back on youtube too! Your stuff is always so inspiring!! Looking forward to what you are up to next! *hugs* =0)

    ReplyDelete