Friday, February 26, 2010

Happy Weekend!!!!!!!!

Hi Everyone!

Wow! This week has been a doozy at work! And all this snow on the East Coast! Keith told me today that he read that Atlantic City's little airport has recorded more snowfall than Anchorage, Alaska this winter! Yeesh!

I took a little break tonight and actually made something. Blogger has me locked out of posting video but here is a link to my Youtube channel. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zG1e_MUb-24


I want to give credit where it is due.... I made the binding of the book from a tutorial I saw on Follow the Paper Trail, a blog and here is a link to her You Tube channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/FollowThePaperTrail

I merged a few ideas for this book. First the covers are actually mini stretch canvas 4 x 5 inches. Fredrix is the brand name. I painted them in Champagne Mist shimmer paint-(SU!), and used my So Swirly wheel(SU!) and Tiber Brown Stazon ink for the cover and page images. Then I used a sponge and blended Dusty Durango, Rich Razzleberry and Crushed Curry Inks across the covers. I added interior covers out of Dusty Durango cardstock cut 4 x 5 and cut a little door in the front cover. I reversed a brad for my catch to keep the paper door closed.

The binding was made using the method that Follow the Paper Trail detailed but this is how easy it is:

Your cardstock should be the width ofyour project by 11 inches long. You need two of these. Score every 1/2 inch. Accorian Fold with the first and last being a valley. Attach the folded strips together in the center. Excluding the first tab, gather two mountain folds at a time in your hand and punch holes on either end. Insert brads on either side. Continue for 10 pockets. You may find you have one extra tab at the end, I just trimmed it off. Attach the binding to your project with strong adhesive. I used Sticky Strip (SU!).

Then pop your pages- mine are 3x 4 1/2 from cardstock, which I spritzed with my homemade Glimmer mist, of Champagne Mist Shimmer paint and rubbing alcohol, and wheeled with So Swirly in Timber Brown Stazon. The pages fit into the pockets, and stay via mild pressure.

I decorated the front of the book with a coordinating butterfly I had in my stash and some Prima Flowers and a Chocolate Chip Cordoroy Brad (SU!).

Pretty fun. Please let me know if you like it by leaving me a comment, here or on Youtube. I am considering putting a kit together along with a color tutorial.

Hope you have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment